Tuesday 11 October 2011

American smell test in UK-based study

"Some of our participants have expressed their concern over our use of an American smell test in this UK-based study. Some of the smells are felt to not be familiar to members of the UK population. Please let me reassure you that we have a great many years experience using this test and have hundreds of sets of results from normal British people - we know what is a normal score for people in this country. It is these normal results we will be comparing your scores in the study to. If you have any further comments or questions, please email me at - a.noyce@qmul.ac.uk"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mild Parkinsonian Signs in a Community Population

One question that many of the PREDICT-PD participants ask me is “I am slower than I used to be, does it mean that I am getting Parkinson’...