Saturday 2 July 2011

New diagnostic scan for PD

GE Healthcare has announced the availability of new diagnostic scan for Parkinson's disease called the DaTscan (Ioflupane I 123 Injection).

"The DaTscan is of great interest to us. If this scan can be used in the pre-symptomatic phase of PD, that is before PD'ers are are aware that they have the disease, we may be able to target PD at a time-point with the greatest potential to modify the course of the disease."

For more information see the Diagnostic Imaging press release.

Conflict of interest: I have consulted for GE-Heathcare in the past in relation to multiple sclerosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mild Parkinsonian Signs in a Community Population

One question that many of the PREDICT-PD participants ask me is “I am slower than I used to be, does it mean that I am getting Parkinson’...